Friday, May 29, 2009

And the weather today...

Well, after a shortened week, rain, indoor recess in the media center (library) for 5th & 6th grade the last 3 days (rain), and 4 innings of softball last night (3 of them in the rain)....the weather has finally gotten to me. I know, I know, can't do a thing about it.

Here's the thing though: I have studiously avoided making any comment about how the weather stinks, it's too cold, where's summer?, blah blah blah. Maybe it's the rebel in me. By that I mean everyone around me lately has such a negative attitude, and makes constant complaints about the weather. So, I go the opposite way...and point out that it's not snowing, keeps the pollen down, it's above 0, etc. etc.

Until today, that is. I leave tomorrow morning to see friends in the southern part of Maryland. (My best friend is turning 40 on Monday and so his wife and I planned a surprise attack.) The weather there is supposed to be glorious - highs 70s all 3 days and sunny. Yay! And here? It's still raining, raining, raining, and about 50 degrees if that.

So, my attitude today about the weather? It stinks - there I finally said it! (I had another adjective, but I shall refrain) But, I am headed for warmer climes, so I can't complain too loudly. I'm afraid the rain gods will hear me and "rain" on my parade...

1 comment:

  1. Cold rain in May & June...perfect I say! All the easier to keep those kids working. And the girls dressed!!!!

    ReplyDelete